Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Countdown!

Well, I'm just barely over two weeks from my departure date!
I'd like to send out a big thank you to everyone for the prayers, support, and encouragement -- It's been really touching to know that all of you have really helped me along with this crazy venture of mine.
So I started this blog pretty much for the sole purpose of keeping in touch while I'm there. Thankfully I will have internet access, but they would like us to keep whatever we do online fairly simple as their access can be a little finicky. So unfortunately this means no pictures while I'm there, but I'll definitely load them as soon as I can when I get back.
Right now, I'd really appreciate prayers for good health (getting over my second cold in the last 3-4 weeks), safe travels, and an ability to pack wisely! (I'm trying to take some much-needed supplies when I go).
I'm definitely excited at this point to see what God has in store for me there, but I'm definitely nervous because I know I'll be challenged -- in ways I can predict (medical knowledge with diseases I just don't see in the US) and ones I won't even see coming...
I'm not terrific at blogging, but I'll try to be good while I'm there so I can keep you all in touch.
Again, thanks a ton for your support and encouragement and please keep the prayers comin'!

2 comments:

  1. Anne, Phil & I are very excited about your trip. It's Tenwek right? How long will you be there? We love you and are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,
    We are so excited for you and look forward to hearing what God shows you on this trip.
    I don't remember how long you will be gone though. I'm sending out an email for an SIU reunion this summer in May if you can make it but I think you were going to be gone longer than that. Anyway I don't have your email address. Let me know and we look forward to hearing more.
    God's Peace,
    phil and Stephanie

    ReplyDelete