Wednesday, April 8, 2009

D-day at last!!!

Yes, it's that fatefull day...Departure Day!
I'm finishing up my last couple hours of my nightfloat, up-all-night, crazy-lady shift before I go grab my bags and fall asleep in one of many airports to come.
I was excited to recently find out that there's another pediatric resident at Tenwek right now named Susan. And small world, she's also going to be a peds heme-onc (blood and cancer disorders) fellow starting this summer!
So at this moment I think I'm actually too tired to be either excited or nervous, but once I sleep I'm sure both of those emotions will come back full-force!
I really appreciate all of the well-wishing and notes of prayer for me and this trip. I really feel God is going to do some great things with this trip.
So the next time I post something it'll be from Kenya (or possible Amsterdam as that's where I'm connecting through). Here's hoping TSA and luggage security abroad doesn't wonder too much about my odd medical donations I'm taking...

No comments:

Post a Comment